Quest Protein Cheesecake...too good to be true?? (recipe)
Hopefully you have had a chance to mix up a Quest protein shake this past week at NSS. If you haven’t, make sure to bring your shaker next time (through 2/13) you are in for training and try one of the awesome 5 flavors we have in stock.
But beyond just mix and shake, today we want to take it a bit further, today we want to think outside the box a bit, think beyond just simply shaking up a healthy, tasty snack to baking a healthy, tasty snack.
Recently Mike had the opportunity to bake some cheese cake snacks that were extremely tasty, pumped with 21g of protein each, and had only 180 calories per serving. Take it away Mike….
"To start this off, I have to admit something. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHEESECAKE! It goes way back to my days as a young boy and enjoying my Grandma Mary's amazing cheesecake recipe.
So far beyond the taste of cheesecake, I have a huge emotional tie to this savory desert. So much so that I’ve been known to eat obscene amounts in one sitting.
Both these factors are the reason, when I first saw the recipe below, I immediately posted it to my fridge as a must to try. We can safely say…I wasn’t disappointed!"
3 Cookies and Cream Quest bars
2 scoops Quest Peanut Butter protein powder
2 egg whites
8oz Greek yogurt
6oz low fat cream cheese
4oz nonfat cottage cheese
¾ cup zero calorie sweetener (I used stevia)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extra
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Spray 12 silicon cups (or cupcake liners) with cooking spray.
• Microwave all 3 unwrapped Quest bars for 10 seconds & break into 4 pieces (12 “crusts”).
• Flatten each piece into a circle to fill the bottom of the 12 cups.
• In a large food processor, add all the cheesecake
filling ingredients (above), and process until smooth. Pour equal amounts into each crust.
• Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Centers should still jiggle slightly upon removal.
• Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight preferred).
Yields 12 servings - Macros per serving
• Calories: 180 Fat: 6g Net Carbs: 5g Protein: 21g