As some of you may be aware over the past 2 years we have been studying, training, and practicing on how to work the best with, and get the best outcomes for, our Master's population. (categorized at 50 yrs +)
Well, we are pumped to be opening another round of our Master's small group coaching starting soon here at NSS.
But before we get into the details of that, let's talk about two familiar topics that come up with our Master's population often when considering joining a gym.
These are FEAR and BEING SCARED when starting a fitness program.
Do the following questions sounds familiar to you???
What if I hurt myself?
What if I embarrass myself doing an exercise wrong?
What if I don’t fit in?
What if I am not fit enough to join the gym?
Am I too old?
We know that fear is the number one reason that keeps individuals from joining a gym. The unknown can be scary, but all of us at NSS want you to know that walking through the door for the first time doesn’t have to be fearful.
NSS helps you take the necessary steps to create a safe transition from inactive to active.
Speaking to the questions above....
1) Safety is our top priority. All of your sessions will be lead by a certified personal trainer who specializes in coaching adults over the age of 50. Your coach will instruct and model correct exercise technique while progressing you as needed.
2) Your goals are important to us. We will never try to make our goals, your goals. Whether its body composition changes, balance concerns, or overall strength your program will be custom made to fit you and your needs.
3) We listen. Your feedback is important to us. Whether you love or hate an exercise or something doesn’t feel quite right, we want to know about it. The key to success on both ends of the training is having an open line of communication.
4) Sport Specialists and so much more. Did you know that NSS is more than just a sports training facility? Many of our clients are general population clients that want to move better, look better, and to get stronger. So whether you play a sport or not the NSS family of coaches and clients welcomes you to join in.
5) There is no "too old" to learn something new. Many of the exercises that we do have application to things we do everyday in life.
If that hits home, read on to learn what the Masters Program all entails.
Our Masters Program (50yrs and older) includes a specific, one on one, pre-training evaluation, 6 weeks of small group training, followed up with a post-training assessment to quantify improvements.
Beginning with our safe and professional evaluation, participants will work through 10 different assessments to gauge movement and longevity.
These 10 tests were hand picked to mimic movements and skills of life that the Masters Program strives to help you remain capable of as time passes.
Our Masters Program training protocol is then based off of the results of these evaluations and the concepts learned via the The Functional Aging Institutes (FAI) Functional Aging Specialists Certification, which focuses on the diverse training needs of individuals 50 and older.
The program is set to begin the week of April 3rd with individual assessments, followed by small group training which begins on Tuesday, April 11th.
Group training to be conducted:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
The Masters Program is limited to only 6 participants so don’t delay in securing your spot today.
Call us at 320-808-9632 or email Dawn about setting up your assessment...and let's conquer that fear together!!