Recipe: INSTANT POT CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA
- 6 slices Thick Cut Bacon, cooked or uncooked, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 4 cups Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream or Half and Half, (more if you like it saucier)
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Powder (3 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 16 oz Penne Pasta (or rotini, ziti, etc.)
- 2 (8 oz) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (cubed slightly larger than bite sized)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (optional)
1. Prepare all of the ingredients before you start. Cut the bacon and chicken, have the butter measures. Shred the cheese, and measure out the ranch and garlic powders, broth and pasta. It will make the cooking process much easier and faster.
2. if you have uncooked bacon: turn the Sauté function (normal/med heat). Add the chopped bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until done. Remove to a paper towel and drain all of the fat from the pot. Set aside.
3. Add the butter and a splash or two of the broth to the pot and stir, scraping the bottom of the pot so you can get up all the brown bits.
4. Add the broth, heavy cream, ranch powder and garlic powder and stir well.
5. Add the pasta and stir.
6. Add the chicken and the cubes of cream cheese. Don't stir, but gently push down, using a spoon to submerge the chicken and pasta.
7. Cancel the Sauté function.
8. Place the pressure cooker lid on the pot and turn the stream release knob to the Sealing position.
9. Press Pressure Cook or Manual button and then the + or - button to choose 5 minutes. Your pasta may need a different time. Usually half the time on the package directions.
10. when the cooking cycle ends, do a controlled Quick Release of the pressure, just until you are sure no sauce will spew out with the steam, then turn the knob all the way and let it all out.
11. When the pin in the lid drops down, open it and give the contents a stir. It will be fairly soupy at the point.
12. Stir in the cheese and let it melt.
13. Stir in the bacon. Mix well. It will thicken as it cools.
14. Serve warm.
Recipe from: https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/